fraidy's haven

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

What a Girl Wants,What a Girl Needs

Finally, the next generation of my family is growing into adulthood. My oldest nephew is getting married in September to a girl I've only met once in the 6 years they've been dating. She lives in Chicago, so I really don't know that much about her and my nephew's living arrangements- which makes shopping for gifts that much harder. Her bridal shower is July 1, so I went to Target, the only place I could find them registered, and started choosing gifts. As I picked through the kitchen items she wanted (pizza wheel,ice cream scoop, measuring spoons and cups) it set me thinking about the items I use almost everyday versus what my dreamy,bride brain thought I needed back then. I don't know if she has these items already and that's why they aren't listed, or what -so I just stuck to her list. But here is mine...

potato peeler- you can only eat instant mashed potatoes so much
garlic press - everything needs garlic! and it's good for you.
slotted spoon - great for digging the veggies out of the pot or for getting all the goodies out of the spaghetti sauce
pasta server - so much easier to grab slippery noodles out the strainer with than a pair of tongs
faucet mount water filter - gets all the icky metal taste out of tea and coffee
and lastly...a permanent coffee filter, dump, rinse reuse. never be without fresh coffe because you ran out of paper filters.

So what do you use everyday that you would rather not live without?

2 Comments:

  • hmm a scoop and bowl? that's a great idea! I usually buy Hubby a pint of Butter Pecan, and myself a pint of Mint Choco Chip then we just grab a spoon and dig in. Yup we're a bit uncouth around here sometimes. :)

    By Blogger fraidy, at 9:28 PM  

  • My swiffer vac. :) The one for hardwood and tile floors ( not the 'you gotta be kidding me that thing won't work, one for the carpet)
    I know, I know I have a housecleaner but the swiffer vac comes in handy to 'quickly touch up clean' before she gets here. Lord knows, we can't let her think we're messy. ;)

    By Blogger Kelly, at 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home