fraidy's haven

Thursday, June 08, 2006

not much up

Not much has been happening in Fraidyville this week, work has slowed down for the moment and I don't need halos until the end of July, so I finally have time to breathe and clean the house.
I did manage to get my flowers in, in between bouts of storms. I just hope they grow. I have a tendency to kill plants that aren't on greenhouse benches.

Went to karaoke last night and had a few too many. Okay I had about 4 too many. Woke up at 5:30 with a massive hangover because I didn't eat anything, drink water or take Advil before I went to sleep.
Bleary -eyed and wanting to call in sick (but I wouldn't because I don't call being hungover a decent excuse for cutting work) I made my way downstairs for some coffee. From the kitchen I hear Hubby yell "Stay out! Go sit down and get online" Two minutes later, I have my coffee and a nice hearty breakfast served to me. How sweeeeet. Unfortunately my tummy was in no mood for so much sumptious fare. I did manage to eat the goetta and taters, but the dogs got the eggs.

I thought for sure when I got home from work there would be a hefty pile of dishes to clean, but when I entered the kitchen it was clean! He even remembered to wipe off the stove.

Sometimes he's full of nice surprises, which is one reason I love him.

3 Comments:

  • wow...that's great!! YOu defenately deserve it!!

    By Blogger Just Jan, at 12:29 AM  

  • Well, I'll be darned!! :) That was sweet!!

    I have to confess~~ I actually had to go look up goetta. How embarrassing. lol

    sounds yummy.

    ok~~ I lie~~ sounds gross.

    Hope you have a great weekend. I have houseguests so if you need some company just holler. I'd be glad to share them. :)

    By Blogger Kelly, at 8:24 AM  

  • Kelly- you probably found the recipe with the pork heart in it. Mom used to make it with plain ground pork. It's really very good, it just sounds gross. kinda like scrapple and grits...though I've never had scrapple.

    By Blogger fraidy, at 6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home