fraidy's haven

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

can't think of one, so pffffft

Rain,rain go away-
My grass is so long I'm calling it hay.

Crikeys- this is about the 12th day in a row I've awaken to damp weather. Everything feels sticky,the dehumidifier is about to blow up and when I take a shower, it feels like I can't get dry.
I wonder if kids are going to start asking "Why is the sky gray?" Or if Crayola will come up with a new crayon called "Steel sky"? Did I curse myself by turning over the garden 2 weeks ago so it could dry out a bit and get compost added? Maybe if I go to karaoke tonight and sing "Here Comes the Sun" that will help.
Ahhh Wednesday, volunteer day, my former co-worker's birthday. We'll all go out for lunch, but I never got her anything.......perhaps I will cheat and get her a Kroger gift card. Nothing says "I worked with you for 3 years, but since you were re-assigned I have no clue what you like anymore, so here's some food" like a gift card from the grocery.
Also have to spend most of the day in the office getting plant orders done that should have gotten to me 6 months ago.....that should be fun. I hate office work- GIMMEE DIRT OR GIMMEE DEATH!!! Then it's off to Sears to see if I can feminine wiles my way into some discounted tires. My 60,000 mile Michelins only have 35,000 miles on them, but they are 5 years old and the sidewalls are falling apart. The worst they can tell me is no deal, and I will go purchase one good tire from somewhere else that matches my spare then have them switched over.
It will no doubt be an interesting day, as is everyday I wake up and breathe.

3 Comments:

  • Didn't the tires come with a warranty? You forgot to mention the joys of have 2 wet dogs and a wet cat milling around too. ;)

    Guess what??? It's sunshiny here.

    :)

    By Blogger Kelly, at 8:12 AM  

  • ~~~~ smacks Kelly for being a smartass~~~~ LOL...sunshine indeed!!

    feels like the damn twilight zone here with all this rain and dark icky sky....~~~laughing at the new crayola crayon color..."steel sky"...fraidy you crack me up!!

    work what you got fraidy gal....it's a shame it comes in handy now and then...lol...ws just talking to Bob this morning about how hard it is to find a trusted mechanic especially if your a girl...they think we're dumb.

    good luck with the tires.

    wet dog...HA...not here..can't even shove his ass off the porch to go peee since it's raining...I'll find him later with his sides bursting from a too full bladder....eww...can't believe I just said that..lol

    I'm so outta here...................

    By Blogger Just Jan, at 8:23 AM  

  • dang, wish I knew where you were Kelly, then I could come back with some smart ass answer like.....at least we Buckeyes don't worry about hurricanes,wildfires,earthquakes or endless drought....
    The tires will have to wait another day, after spending all day figuring out crop timing, my wiles ain't up to the task.And yes I did by the extra coverage warranty on the tires.

    By Blogger fraidy, at 4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home