fraidy's haven

Friday, May 12, 2006

huh??

Well it's Friday and I have the day off, but not really because I have to go back to the doctor's to have this stupid ear looked at.
It started clogging up about 2 weeks ago, so I tried the old ear drops routine,which worked temporarily. Yesterday, I was tired of feeling like my head was stuck underwater and sounding like an idiot saying "huh?" everytime someone talked to me. So on my lunch hour I called the HMO and asked if I could see an ENT dude. The soonest appointment they could give me was May 26, I asked if my own doctor could flush ears and they said probably, but his next open time was next Friday. I told the receptionist that at this point I was going stark raving mad and wouldn't mind seeing the lady in the cafeteria with the dishwasher sprayer, but I can't take it another day. She got me an appointment with the physician's assistant Charlie (whom I've seen a couple of times and he has a great disposition) at 3:45. So I went to see Charlie, who squirted my ear, peered around a dozen or so times and declared there was one flake of buildup at the bottom of my eardrum that was stuck on and wouldn't shake loose. The drum is also red and bumpy,whatever that means. I asked him if I should get out the shop-vac when I got home and he said no, I'll try to get you into ETN sooner than the appoinment I had made. Amazingly, when another doc refers you, you can get an appoinment the very next day, but when I make one myself, it takes three weeks.......go figure.

3 Comments:

  • I had a six month ear problem last year....it was shear torture. In my case the problem turned out to be TMJ! After the dentist made a mouth thingie for me I was nearly instantly healed.
    Isn't it amazing how awful the ear pain and lack of hearing can be?

    By Blogger JB, at 5:32 PM  

  • huh? yes it is a pain in the butt. I hate going to doctors unless I'm falling over dead or bleeding profusely, so you know it was driving me nuts.

    By Blogger fraidy, at 5:48 PM  

  • First you blame the dogs for being nuts~~ now it's your earache~~ face it hon, you're just nuts;)

    I just got home and wanted to say ~~
    Happy Dogmom Day!! ;)

    By Blogger Kelly, at 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home