fraidy's haven

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

3 little words

That's all it took to make me realize that I am nothing more than another cog in this big machine called living. Oh sure, one missing gear can throw things out of whack for a bit, but soon enough another cog can easily replace you. What makes me special? What makes me unique? Who am I?
I sing - so what lots of people do, some are better, some are worse.
I care about people -but there are people who devote their whole life to helping others, I am not one of those.
I like to write - but I'm guessing I'll never be on the N.Y. Times bestseller list
I have tons of patience-but have a hard time dealing with those who are slower than me.

I can be on top of the world one day, and at the bottom of the shitpile the next. I can be self-assured, then self-doubting. I can feel like a somebody, then a nobody. I'm not striking, but I'm not totally ugly. I've never travelled the world-seen the Grand Canyon or the Outback or the canals of Venice, but my imagination has taken me to some wonderful places that might not even exist. I am not a Christian, but I am a child of God. I love mankind, but hate the cruelty that exists in this world. I like sunny days, but the sound of rain on the leaves soothes me. I like the innocence and joys of kids, but prefer not to procreate. I enjoy company, but relish in solitude.
And so three words set me on this thought process all day long. Who am I?

2 Comments:

  • You have no idea, Mary how many times I've read something you either wrote in here, or in the community and I've gone away and smiled for the rest of the day. How much I admire your patience with your husband. I'm so quick to whimp out when things get tough. I could go on and on with a list of reasons that I consider you a wonder person but I could never answer "who you are" other than to say ~~ My Friend.

    By Blogger Kelly, at 7:02 PM  

  • I've been wondering that same Question. Well, not who you are but who I am...lol. I really think we already know the answer to that burning question. We are who we are. I know, dont hate me for giving you the answer even if it's not the one you wanted to hear. You are to me someone who knows how to be self suffient and caring and willing to help someone if only with advise. YOu are a strong person though at times you don't give yourself enough credit. I too know you as my friend though we've never met in person. You are correct in saying you are a Child of God and I'm most positive one he's proud of.

    By Blogger Just Jan, at 8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home