fraidy's haven

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I believe

In God, in angels and in the power of prayer. After much praying last night, this morning an angel came 6 miles to tell me my Rosie was hanging around her house.SOMEONE, we won't mention any names, was on the internet and the lady kept getting a busy signal.
I followed the lady back to her house, but Rosie was not in her yard. The sweet woman was mad at herself for not putting Rosie in her gated area.Hopeful, I shouted "Rosie,come!" a couple of times, and I heard the jingle of her tags. All four feet were off the ground at once as she came barreling toward me. My Rosie girl is back where she belongs. A little skinnier and a hell of alot tired and hungry.
The sweet lady would accept no money whatsoever, not even when I tolde her it was for gas for driving up to my house. Then she asked if I used to go to a bar called the Mudslide. I told her yes. She said "I thought so. I recognized your husband's face when he came to the door. I used to bartend there, and I remember how you spoke about your dogs. They are your little girls and I would no more take money from you than I would if I had found a lost child. "
Angels do exist on Earth. Thanks for the prayers. And thank you God.

6 Comments:

  • Thank heavens Mary!! I've been so worried for you. Darn stupid pets for making us love them so much, eh??
    What about Sam? Was he there as well?
    I know you are so relieved and I'm thrilled for you. :) :)

    By Blogger Kelly, at 7:09 PM  

  • YEA!!!! Wow, I got a little worried at that "recognized your husband" part *gasp*! ;-)

    By Blogger oregoncelticlady, at 8:22 PM  

  • WooooHoooo!!!!....I'm so happy she' home and safe now. Too bad she can't talk to tell you all about her little escapade.

    By Blogger Just Jan, at 1:40 AM  

  • no Sam, but he has been spotted and the people who's yard he has been hanging around have our neighbor's number, so I have confidence he will be returned. When he does I am driving tent pegs all around the bottom of my neighbor's yard so he can't push the fence out from the bottom again.

    By Blogger fraidy, at 6:24 AM  

  • Good idea about the tent stakes. Sure hope Sam finds his way home soon.

    By Blogger Kelly, at 7:36 AM  

  • Angels sure do exist. What a sweet lady and a great inspiring story. It reminded me to be a bit more soft hearted and think of others first. Thanks for sharing

    By Blogger Doug Bagley, at 6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home