fraidy's haven

Monday, June 19, 2006

thank God it's Monday

What a weekend, glad it's over so I can go back to work and slow down.

Friday - went to funeral service for former co-worker who passed away from cancer. She was my "work Mom". Always gave me advice, whether I wanted it or not. Usually, it was good.
It was nice to see almost 200 people there. I had no idea this woman touched so many lives, but I should have known.

Late Friday - went to karaoke and had a blast.

Saturday - not much during the day, laundry,mowing etc. Nighttime went to a party at my boss's house and got p-lastered. Hubby even went with me. Stayed until 2 a.m.

Sunday - woke up with hangover, but no headache until Hubby told me he "might have backed into someone's car leaving" Spent the rest of the day sleeping and watching tv.

Monday morning- got phone call from boss. Yup, her son's girlfriend's car was the victim. Front end damage from Hubby's huge pick'em up's tow hitch. He didn't even see her little black Honda de soliel, thought he hit a curb. Apologized to boss profusely who said "Shit happens, that's why we pay for insurance." I like my boss, she's so cool.

Anyway, Jo gets back from her mini-vacation, so I won't be the Lone Ranger like I have been the past week. But it is show change time once again. Add to that our annual, super nursery open only one day a year to the public sale - and I am gonna be one worn out puppy for the next few weeks. So if I don't get in here too much, forgive me.

3 Comments:

  • WOW Mary~~ You really know how to 'do a weekend'!!! Funeral, karaoke, and then a drunken night out complete with demolition derby. You're my kinda gal. LOL
    Hope you don't get overwhelmed at work. If you do~~ at least get your arse in here and tell us about it. ;)

    By Blogger Kelly, at 8:37 AM  

  • sheesh..and I thought my weekends were boring....oh yeah..they are cause I work...lol. I love how you use your blog...I'm possibly stopping or just reformatting a new one....I'll keep you informed.

    By Blogger Just Jan, at 1:26 PM  

  • Fraidy...I'll be around in blogland somehow...just not sure how yet...Trust me I'm not going to spend my time this next 4 days trying to hard to ponder about my blog...after all...it's been 3 months and I'm gonna get IT!!!!!...lol (I'll give it too dammit...lmao)

    By Blogger Just Jan, at 12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home