fraidy's haven

Sunday, April 08, 2007

a fun time

Been awhile since my last post,but work and life has kept me busy.
Friday was my birthday and it was pretty fun. Went to Outback with hubby and the in-laws. Came home and took a nap,then went to karaoke...despite the 20 degree temps and 9 degrees windchill. Drank a bit..but not enough to feel totally miserable the next day. Sang alot...most songs well received. And Lisa,the lady who runs the show, even got my hubby to sing the Beatles "Birthday" for me(which was the best present I got since he never sings). I kinda want to go out and sing again tonight,but it's still cold and I don't think I could drag Bruce out again anyway. I'm hoping the weather warms up soon so he can get back on his motorcycle again. Especially since Friday when I went to the thrift store shopping for clothes for me, I found a pair of motorcycle boots that were his size! They seemed a little pricey at 15.99,but I got them anyway. When I got home I looked at my receipt and discovered they were 12.99 from some discount. Then I looked up the brand name and got really happy...they're called cruiserworks and they go for 229.00 new!!!! I ordered a pair of insoles for them,since they were missing from the pair I bought.And we can get them resoled for 55...so not a bad deal at all for a pair of top of the line boots!I also got myself a black hooded sweatshirt which I personalized with official looking university letters which read BLSU...I now have a stage name..Bruce's Love Slave..or BLS for short. I'm getting used to it. Until next time.

2 Comments:

  • I'm sorry I missed telling you Happy Birthday. It sounds like you had a great time. You most certainly did get a great bargain on the boots for hubby!!! Hope you all had a nice Easter holiday. Bob and I spent it with his Brother and dinner was awesome. I cheated and ate some jelly beans and now I think I have to exercise extra this week....lol Have a great day.

    By Blogger Just Jan, at 10:07 AM  

  • Hey woman....what's new?????

    By Blogger Just Jan, at 9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home