fraidy's haven

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

yawn...

With so much needing to be done at work,I dislike the fact that I am forced to take a vacation day when I don't want to. I am allowed to accumulate 363 hours total and when I checked my pay stub last week I was at 356. I earn 6.5 hours time every 2 weeks,so it was a case of use it or lose it. So here I am at home,cleaning,when I would rather be working on what needs to be done at work. And every 2 weeks, I'll have to use another day...until things settle down a bit at work around mid-June and I can use a few days at a time without feeling like I'm swamping Tracy.

Speaking of Tracy...she just bought her very own house Monday :) I'm soo happy for her. It has a large,empty backyard-and Tracy loves gardening (unlike yours truly,who only works with plants as a career and not a hobby) It's a cute little 2 bedroom house perfect for one person with 1 dog and 3 cats. And the best part for her (and me)....it's on the same street as the nursery! She can walk to work in 5 minutes. So in winter when there's bad road conditions, I won't feel so pressed to risk life and limb so someone can be at the greenhouse. Also,she can be the first called when the alarm system goes off in the middle of the night. She's cool with that cuz it's 4 hours pay,even if you're only there 5 minutes.

Sunday night was fun...karaoke pajama party, and I won 20 bucks for best pj's! And Lisa (who runs karaoke with her hubby Jim) started a contest of sorts to find me a nickname. Most of the regular singers who go bar to bar with them have nicknames and I told her that I was getting tired of being just plain old Mary,find me something lively,catchy and witty. So far we have...
Bruce's Love Slave-I think NOT!!!
or 2 others based on the fact that hubby is a Frank Zappa fan (which has what to do with me?,hubby doesn't even sing)
Yo Mama
Baby Snakes- I kinda like this one,even though I've never heard the song...it sounds kinda like baby cakes.
or maybe the Scratster, since I adore the Ice Age character Scrat so much, I have one stuck on the dashboard of my truck.We'll see.....
fraidy,out......

2 Comments:

  • That's way cool about your friend getting her own house!!!

    I have never attampted karaoke and I'm positive I never will, but it sure sounds like you enjoy it and have lots of fun!!

    By Blogger Just Jan, at 9:07 AM  

  • hey..just me stopping by so I can blog

    By Blogger Just Jan, at 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home