fraidy's haven

Monday, January 08, 2007

No more

On this date 10 years ago, hubby and I quit smoking. For three years we were free from running to the store to get our daily fix. Then when my folks died in 2000,and we went out west for a month,we started up again. I grow tired of having to run to the store everyday,not to mention the health and economic effects of smoking,once again. So at 10.05 pm last night I smoked my last cigarette. This time there will be no drug to help me, this is sheer mindpower. I know what to expect,and what to avoid,so this will work.
One thing that doesn't work for me is cheerleaders. The last time I quit I remember the most irritating thing was people telling me how good I am being. I felt like a dog or a little kid. Therefore, I really haven't told anyone,other than hubby I'm quitting....they will figure it out soon enough when I don't stink anymore. If hubby wants to quit,he is free to join me...but I will not rag on him if he doesn't. He is an adult, he can make up his own mind. So today, I start climbing back up the cliff.

3 Comments:

  • good luck on your quest to stop smoking. I can't believe you started up again after quitting. I hope you get the results you want. I haven't smoked since june 1996. I don't miss it at all.

    Oh...and by the way...if the Buckeyes don't get any better in the 2nd 1/2 of this game...I may very well be one pissed off person all day tomorrow!!!!

    By Blogger Just Jan, at 10:21 PM  

  • wtg Jan, I know I can do it this time and stay off the sticks. No patch,no gum just mindpower and knowing one itty bitty puff will start the process all over again. And yeah the Buckeyes blew it.

    By Blogger fraidy, at 6:29 PM  

  • So?? How's the no smoking going??


    Sit, Booboo , sit.

    By the way~~ I won't praise you for quitting. ;) Cause I think you were a dumbass for starting in the first place. :P

    * giggles * don't you just love friends like me :)

    By Blogger Kelly, at 9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home