fraidy's haven

Saturday, December 02, 2006

sometimes they listen

Wow, management actually heeded my suggestions (more like my threat to transfer out) and sent the one person I wanted to work with out to the nursery and the person I suggested to replace her at the conservatory did.
Plus as an added bonus, they put another person into the nursery weekend rotation so now I only work every third weekend. I told my boss I don't know if I can work 5 days in a row since I haven't done it in over 12 years...lol. I also told her to make sure our new weekender works the same weekend and holidays as her boyfriend that works at the conservatory. My boss said she never thought about that and I was sweet to think of their relationship as far as scheduling. My husband said (jokingly) "Now I have to put up with your ass 2 weekends in a row??"

Seriously, my new partner is Tracy...she was kinda bummed when she first came out this week,since it will mean a longer commute,driving through snow,and using more snow. I understand completely. But by the end of this week, she is beginning to like the quiet and self reliance of the place. The director of the department was always walking through the conservatory,which put everyone there on pins and needles,since he is a neat freak. Plus there is always some event going on there,which meant the florists had to take time away from plant care to set up tables and chairs and then tear them down. Now Tracy can concentrate on growing things,which she likes to do. As Jo was like an older sister I could tell my troubles to, Tracy is like a little sister that I can hopefully help with her problems. I'm sure we'll have our differences, but I think we'll make a pretty good team.

1 Comments:

  • (|)<~~~~my butt is here!~~~ which by the way~~ looks a lot better in person~~ lol~~ not that you care~~~:S I hope.

    Well by George, you have yourself a new pardner, eh?~~ Sounds like the two of you will saddle up and ride well together. Seriously, I know you've been worried about this and I'm glad things worked out so well for you.

    Oh and by the way~~ I'm betting the hubby wasn't joking. ;) :P
    cya sweets.

    By Blogger Kelly, at 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home