fraidy's haven

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

when's it my turn?

So, the old man calls me at work at 3 yesterday, talking all sexy and let's go have some fun tonight. I thought sounds good-but I have to work Wednesday. But wait- I have maxxed vacation hours. So at the last minute, I call my boss, ask her to look at my vacation balance and she asks me what day this week I'm taking off. I chose today. Jo was not happy with my last minute vacation day, but tough crap, she's been off every other week for and will be again next week. I'm tired of running the show alone so much. So I'm off today.

Last night I get home, ready for a fun evening singing somewhere I haven't been before. It's up the highway about 20 minutes from here. In my mind I thought hubby could have a beer or two, I can get plastered and yodel then he can drive home. Afterall, it was him who wanted me to have a good time last night.

WRONGO!
First, we drag Alan along. Then hubby decides since it's beach party night, he's gonna have a couple margaritas. Then he proceeds to socialize leaving me stuck with half deaf Alan who insisted on sitting in front of the speakers, where I couldn't hear a friggin thing he said. Alan doesn't understand the karaoke thing at all. He kept asking when I have to go on, when am I going to sing next. On top of that when he's out with us, he insist on constantly asking what's wrong. Nothing drives me nuttier then someone asking me what's wrong over and over again.
Since hubby was wasting away all night in Margaritaville, I had to be the designated drvier. So whoopee- I got to nurse two beers for 4 hours and sit with a guy who was getting on my nerves all night.

I'm off Friday-So Thursday night I'm going out singing , by myself. I'm going to have fun. And if I wish to get too happy, I will park my car at home and walk to the end of the street. It will be my turn to have fun.

1 Comments:

  • You go for it!!!

    I need a night out to relax too....don't see it happening for long while.

    By Blogger Just Jan, at 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home