fraidy's haven

Monday, August 07, 2006

none(tired of thinking up titles)

Awww, a day off. Man do I need it. This weekend I worked, it was hot, plants needed water 2x a day, and to top it off I was out late Saturday, then turned around and went to sing after work on Sunday. Thankfully,hubby is still on jury duty this week so I have the house to myself for at least half the day.
This karaoke contest on Sundays is getting rough. There's 57 total contestants,black,white male,female,old young. Singing everything from Sinatra to Sheryl Crow to Coal Miner's Daughter. It started back in June and some folks have over 200 votes. I have 15 as of last night. Two new contestants started last night, and they are damn good. The quarter finals are the first week of September, and they have to elimination tiers- The "A" group is the top 50% of the votes and the "B" group, the bottom 50. I don't know if I can compete with the people I heard from the B group, some are way better than I am. It's fun to try, but if I don't make it that's fine too. In September, sis-in-law has a show every weekend, and I still need to help her as much as possible. Most of her shows are within a half hour of home and they are over at 5. It takes about an hour to break down the booth (6:00),a half hour to get back here (6:30) and a half hour to change and speed up to the contest which should get me there at starting time (7:00). A tight schedule, but do-able.
Co-worker is going to be off again this week, which means finding stuff for our part-timer to do. Wish he didn't need the hours(I'm sure he does too) or I'd just send him home when things got slow. Then again, I'm not his boss and I can't make that call.
Time to go do a bit of housework......just a bit.

2 Comments:

  • Atleast you are having fun ...that's the cool thing. I wouldn't dare sing in front of people...lol. I'd love to come watch sometime, but don't see that happening. September sounds super duper busy...hope you don't run yourself down.

    By Blogger Just Jan, at 6:58 AM  

  • What songs have you picked to sing?? I just know you're as good as anyone else there~~ so give it your all~~ put your heart into it and you'll win no matter what!!

    Do I sound like one of those 'inspirational telethingies'?~~:)

    Hope you're having fun with it! Wow and the hubby is gone most days too~~ how lucky can a girl get eh?~~ I'm almost missing blogging, but finding I really, truly don't have the time for it:(
    I am trying to keep up with the community posts though:) so at least that's something. Hey just cause I've been busy don't think I haven't been thinking of you~~ cause I have~~ sooooooo~~ Ya better watch out ~~ ya better not cry ~~ ya better be good~~I'm~~~~ uhhhhh, oops never mind~~ wrong season.
    ;)

    By Blogger Kelly, at 8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home