fraidy's haven

Sunday, July 30, 2006

what was i thinkin?

Okay, this might be my last blog. I might very well die of heatstroke today. "Sure sign up for the Westchester Artfest" I told sis-in-law. "Lots of folk with money for jewelry up there" I said. "What else you doin until September?"
Hey I should've remembered that SW Ohio has it's hottest days of the year the last week of July and the first week of August. I'm as prepared as I can be. I have my lightest weight jeans on. A cotton t-shirt, sandals(which are gonna be a bear to set up and tear down in) 4 bottles of H20, 2 frozen, a bottle of tea and 32oz of Gatorade. I even splurged and bought a really nice 10" battery operated fan for the booth. I think I'll let sis use that,she's overweight and used to A/C, so I know she's gonna be suffering worse than me. I love her and would hate to see her get heatstroke. Not to mention I'd be tearing down by my self if something did happen.
After teardown, I have to run across town to sing in a contest tonight. It's called "Karaoke Idol" (how original) and it's been going on since June. You collect votes every week until September when they announce the semifinalists. I just found out about it last week, so I have to play catch up if I hope to make it. The finals are in January and you get to sing with the house band instead of the machine, which is kinda scary and cool. First prize is 5000, but I doubt I'll get that since most of these compettitons are based on how many people you cna get to come watch and vote for you and I don't know that many people willing to come out on Sunday nights, but hell it's fun to try. Well, time to go to the all day steambath.

4 Comments:

  • White jeans???....where are your shorts woman...you're gonna roast to death!!!! Well, maybe not to death but you're sure gonna be hot as hell in jeans!! All in all I do hope you have a great time and I'm sure you'll survive so come back on here and post about the events. I'd be sure to vote for you on the Karaoke contest if I was there. sounds like that should be loads of fun....good luck.

    By Blogger Just Jan, at 7:49 AM  

  • Ummmm....Fraidy???? Are you still with us or did you get heatstroke?

    ~~~~~ gets prepared to get into file cabinet for email Fraidy sent along time ago when KC disappeared....hoping I don't need it~~~~~~~~

    ~~~ pretty positive things are okay ~~~~~

    By Blogger Just Jan, at 12:10 PM  

  • i'm okay, just worn from the heat :P

    By Blogger fraidy, at 6:09 AM  

  • Whew.....thanks for letting me know....Hope you're staying cool. Today is gonna be a real scorcher!!!!

    By Blogger Just Jan, at 8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home