fraidy's haven

Saturday, July 08, 2006

feelin better

After sleeping most of Thursday night and Friday, I'm feeling much better. I truly believe that just laying in bed willing your body to fix itself can do wonders. That and chicken soup.
Went to see the new Pirates movie and was sadly disappointed. It had the right actors, but I don't know who wrote the script. It didn't have nearly as many light-hearted moments as the first and it was just too damn long. The story dragged on so much they lost my attention the first hour. Seems they were going for more "action" than "adventure" I only hope the third one is better.
Also hoping it stays cool around here until Tuesday when I get paid. I do believe my A/C needs a clean and recharge. There goes a couple hundred bucks. Oh well, I work to live sometimes. Luckily, while I don't want to spend it, at least it won't throw my whole budget in a downward spiral for months, just a couple weeks. If I didn't live in a neighborhood where I have to lock my doors, I would just use fans and open the windows. But I enjoy the things I own and don't care to share them with uninvited intruders. So I will call the man.

2 Comments:

  • glad to see you're feeling better. When I'm sick laying in bed is ALL I want to do. Hope it doesn't cost too much to get your a/c fixed.

    By Blogger Just Jan, at 9:14 AM  

  • Darn~~ just as you're feeling better your 'SWAMP COOLER' :P breaks. Hey!! Maybe Tizzy will send her son over to fix it!! oh ~~~ uhhhhh oops~~ she lives in Why-moaning~~ doesn't she?
    Well I'm certainly glad you're feeling better~~ and you're so right about the willing yourself well.<~~~ I'm not being silly on that one~~ I really believe it. ;) Hope that was homemade chicken noodle soup.
    HUGS to you Mary~~ I almost missed you while I was gone. :)

    By Blogger Kelly, at 9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home