fraidy's haven

Thursday, July 06, 2006

wish I was a kid again

Sometimes being a grownup can really suck. Like now. I feel horrible. I won't go into all the whiny details, let it suffice that I have a chest cold. I very rarely ever get sick enough to not want to make it to work.But today is one of those days. I started feeling blah on Monday and it has steadily gone downhill since. Luckily, it often happens that the day I feel the worst is usually the day I start getting better. Unluckily, I can't call in sick because Jo is off today and trying to find someone to cover for me is more of a pain than it's worth. This couldn't have happenend tomorrow when I have an actual day off and could lounge in bed, nope had to be today.
So I will drag my phlegm filled self to work, whilst daydreaming I am a kid lying in bed with a warm compress on my chest, watching cartoons and eating chicken noodle soup. Then tomorrow I can sleep a little later and hopefuly feel good enough to go catch the new "Pirates" movie.

Ricey-snara

1 Comments:

  • Oh hate those days!! I'm so sorry that you feel so bad and it really sucks that you have to go to work. I sure do hope you feel better soon. I'd drive all the way down there to see you and bring you some soup if I thought it would help. Be sure to get plenty of rest tomorrow.

    By Blogger Just Jan, at 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home