fraidy's haven

Friday, July 14, 2006

No Sweat???

Yesterday I decided to go get an air conditioner. I had done some research on the net and decided on an LG 8000 btu unit from Best Buy for 150 bucks. Problem was, their website said the store closest to me was out of them. The nearest one was across town and I really didn't feel like driving in rush hour traffic to go get it. So I called the closer store and woo-hoo they had one left. I put an hour hold on it and made tracks. I lugged the thing into my living room, opeened the box and discovered they don't come fully assembled anymore. I had to put the stupid little side curtains on it myself.
I think the Chinese take great pleasure in torturing us Americans by writing confusing owner's manuals, because after an hour I still hadn't figured it out and the tiny illustrations were of no use. Sweat was falling in my eyes and I was frustrated. Hubby came home and in about fifteen minutes we finally had the damn thing put together. I went to open the window, only to find it was painted shut. I went outside, climbed on the ladder and cut the paint away. The window stubbornly opened. By this time I was so hot and tired, we decided to go to the pub and have a beer and cool off. So we left the window open and walked down the street. Around 10 we came home and finished the job. Finally! Cooler air reigns in my living room. Can't wait to get home from work today and enjoy it.

5 Comments:

  • So~~ are you cool yet?? Just got home and had to check in on you before I cut out the ole lightbulb. Hope you're snoozing in the breeze. ;)

    By Blogger Kelly, at 2:41 AM  

  • Been cool all my life :) Little A/C keeps it cooler in the LR/DR better thatn the central did. But the kitchen is sweltering. Bummer, this means I should cook less ;)

    By Blogger fraidy, at 8:16 AM  

  • Damn that is a bummer!! ;)

    I would tell u that since hearing of your plight I have gone about turning off my CA just so I could suffer along with you ~~

    YES!!~~~

    I could tell you that.

    :)

    By Blogger Kelly, at 10:23 AM  

  • Hey!!! I like this kind of blogging~~ LOL~~I get to just run around now and fill up everyone elses comment boxes!! Now THAT is cool!!

    :)<~~~ Can you feel me grinning???

    By Blogger Kelly, at 10:25 AM  

  • Holy cow...I thought perhaps you had some new friends that stopped by and commented...I see it's Kelly....whom I just discovered deleted her blog....(Insert whimper here)...but as long as she stops by atleast we'll know she's ok.

    Glad you'll have a/c now Fraidy....and you know those chinese are having a grand time laughing...lol

    By Blogger Just Jan, at 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home