fraidy's haven

Saturday, July 22, 2006

things i've learned from my pets

Oh yes animals are wise about how to live life....
from my dogs I have learned that..
-Everyday that I wake up, it's a miracle. (Of course everytime I walk in the front door it's a miracle too)
- Be open to tasting new things, if you don't like something,you can always barf it up.
-Take time to stop and smell the trees, and the signpost, and the hydrant and the....
-Sharing is not only polite, but expected, especially at dinnertime
-Going to work is a privilege, not an obligation
-A warm,wet kiss is nice, but being licked dry is just kinky
-Bubble baths are great, but don't drink the water
-Sometimes the best thing to watch isn't on TV, but in the backyard ...there are no reruns in Nature.
-Nothing beats a comfortable bed after a long day

And from the cat......
- Not all humans are bad, some actually give you chicken when you beg.
-After a certain age, squirt guns cease to be fun
-Sometimes it's okay to do stupid things , just make sure noone's looking so your dignity remains intact...and if someone sees you, act like you meant to do it anyway.

3 Comments:

  • LOL...great post. I've always said the animals have it made.

    I bought a magnet for my refrigerator that says "This house is owned and operated solely for the comfort and convenience of the dog!!" He has it made that's for sure.

    By Blogger Just Jan, at 8:02 AM  

  • Loved this one, Mary. If I didn't have Misty~~ I wouldn't have a clue how to live my life ~~ Nor have anyone to blame crap on.

    :) ahhhhh pets.

    By Blogger Kelly, at 12:49 PM  

  • Hey, I'm finally back online again and will have a fresh post Mondays as usual.
    Thanks,
    Doug

    By Blogger Doug Bagley, at 10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home