fraidy's haven

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

hello blogland

Wow, seems like forever since my last post, but it's only been three days. Three very hot,very long days.The heat index outside is near 105 with a temp of 92 degrees. So just out of curiosity I looked up the heat index for the same humidity at say the temps a greenhouse gets (100-104).Now I know why I can't hang in there more than a half hour at a time. The heat index at 65% humidity with a temp of 103 is 142 degrees. Any wonder why I've been coming home and passing out in front of the A/C for 2 hours? Nope.
It's been so hot, I haven't even been in the backyard this week, I guess I'll water the garden this afternoon, screw mowing, it can wait. Hubby's on jury duty the next 2 weeks, so he's been gone all day. I've snuck in taking off from work this afternoon and Thursday. I've reached the maximumhours of vacation I can accumulate(363), If I don't take a day off , I start losing vacation days. I earn 6.5 hours every two weeksso I need to take a day off every other week to maintain my max. When the weather cools down and I can afford to, I'll take a week and actually go somewhere. But right now, it's too hot to do anything around here except stay in the house.Enough bitching time to make some iced tea, turn on the sprinkler and chill out.

2 Comments:

  • Holy Shit!!!! How on earth can you stand it in the greenhouse???? I'd sweat to death literally!!! Glad you are getting some days off...in that sort of atmosphere you need a break. Only 27 more days till Moving Day!!!!!!!

    By Blogger Just Jan, at 5:52 PM  

  • BOO!!!!!!!!


    HAHAHAHAHA

    By Blogger Just Jan, at 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home