fraidy's haven

Friday, August 11, 2006

finally!

I don't think I can remeber a week as long as this one has been. With Jo off, surprise painters arriving, having to reschedule roach spraying, the alarm system check and about a thousand other things I can't remember, it's been rough. Not so much physically as mentally. I am so ready to chill out this weekend. Hubby is too. He's finally off jury duty. In two weeks just a few of the cases he heard included 4 murders, 6 rapes and a chitload of drug and domestic violence charges. I only hope if I ever get called for jury service, it's for a trial and not the Grand jury.
So I am now closing the door on this week and locking it up.
I think my neighbors found Sam dog another home, I haven't seen him for about a week now. I just hope wherever he went, he gets more attention then he got from them. He wasn't abused, just neglected in the human contact kind of way.
Alan has been bad while hubby was on jury duty and not around to watch over him. He hasn't been taking his meds or eating for the past 2 weeks. Hubby is gonna call the ambulance tonight to come take him to the hospital so they can take care of him. Afterwards, I think he is going into a group home where trained people can make sure he does what he needs to to survive. I honestly don't think the man should live by himself again. Hubby said he was even so lazy or drunk, he would use a bucket next to his bed instead of walking to the bathroom...yuck.
Karaoke again Sunday....think this week I'll do Rocky Top and He Thinks He'll Keep Her(Mary Chapin Carpenter).
For the curious so far I have sang....
week 1 - Leavin On a Jet Plane(Peter,Paul &Mary) and Bobby McGee(Joplin)
week 2 - Passionate Kisses (Mary Chapin Carpenter) and Heartbreaker (Pat Benatar)
week 3 -Everything I Do (Bryan Adams) and Minnie the Moocher (Cab Calloway)

I haven't done the same kind of music over and over like some have. But I like showing versatility. Too many folks there sing all ballads or all Sinatra. Not they they're bad, I just would like to see them try other stuff. Well, I'm outta here for the weekend -take care.

1 Comments:

  • I was on jury duty once...it was just a small DUI case a guy was trying to fight....sooo glad it wasn't anything like what your hubby has to sit through.

    YOu most certainly deserve a fun weekend...good luck Sunday!

    By Blogger Just Jan, at 6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home