fraidy's haven

Monday, October 02, 2006

been such a long time

Wow, haven't been here in awhile. September was real busy for me. When I wasn't working, I was going to my nephew's wedding in Chicago, doing art shows with my sis-in-law or just trying to get some rest.
Fall always seems like the end of the year for me. Probably because it's the end of the outside gardening season. Time to yank the garden and put down some amendments for the winter. I didn't get many tomatoes this year. Maybe because I totally neglected the poor plants. They are loaded with aphids and starving, time to put them out of their misery.
I can also tell it's getting cooler when my domestic hormones kick in. I have an ungodly urge to bring in a large garbage can and start cleaning this rathole out. The idea of spending the winter indoors in filth does not appeal to me. Also noticed my dinner menus have changed. Gone are the salads and sandwiches, replaced by hearty stews and roasts that cook in the oven for hours.
Time to unpack the winter clothes and stash the shorts and t-shirts for a few months.
Mom in law will be going south for the winter in 3 weeks, and I will miss having her here. She has become my mom since I lost my own in 2000, and she will always be a friend.
Well, enough babbling, time to go do some yardwork.

1 Comments:

  • Been busy here too,Mary. I miss having a blog~~ but can barely find time to stop in the commnunity and catch up.

    I love this time of year!!!~~ but I'm such an a-hole ;) I love every time of the year~~ long as I'm still breathing and kicking.~~ I see you have the week off~~ sure hope you do something for YOU :)~~ Here's a hug~~ don't know why~~ but I just wanted to give you one.

    By Blogger Kelly, at 1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home