fraidy's haven

Saturday, December 09, 2006

December Saturday

Well, it's less than a week until hubby's 49th, and I still have no clue what to give him. What to get a guy who wants everything (most of which is out of my price range)? Thinking I'll just flip him a Benjamin and let him decide. Then there's Christmas....ugh. Luckily I only get gifts for 5 people, cause I hate shopping anytime for myself, let alone searching for holiday gifts for others. I'm not Scrooge, I honestly was born without a shopping chromosone in my body. Except for stuff for my house, I can go nuts in a Homegoods store.

Work is going fairly smoothly. Tracy is adjusting, but off until next Thursday. However, I am back to working every other weekend because our third florist decided she wanted to teach horticulture instead of actually getting dirty practicing it. Ah well,life ticks on. Except now there are rumors circulating that the head of Operations wants to rotate all florist areas once a year. Meaning people who have been assigned to a certain park or area for years and have gotten to know all its quirks, would be yanked to go somewhere unfamiliar to them.
The nursery is currently under the Planning side of the department and I think this little dictator wants to control it and the conservatory as well. Hopefully the head of Planning finds his backbone and tells the director to make Napoleon back the hell off. After 20 years of growing, I have lost most of my knowledge of outside plants, and really don't care to re-learn it. From what I gather the other florists in the department feel the same way about their areas. Upper management is always bragging about all the awards our department has won, like "Best use of Government Funds" by a local paper and a few years ago we were rated one of the nation's top 5 Parks Departments by I can't remember who. Now how do they think they got those awards?B not screwing around with what is obviously working! I say leave us the hell alone, let us do our jobs. Their job should be to ensure we have the tools and supplies necessary to do what we need, not tell us how to do what we've been doing right for so long.

2 Comments:

  • I think it's so cool that you can get on here and freely vent your frustrations about your job without fear of retaliation!!!! I'd have to agree with you about not wanting to be rotated yearly.

    Good luck with the "shopping" thing...(I'm all done!!)

    By Blogger Just Jan, at 4:29 PM  

  • Hear! Hear! My little 'fart-blossom '<~~~ that's a horticultural endearment :) truely it is ;)

    Stand up for yourself~~ you deserve respect for your work and you are right on with your thoughts. Cheers!!!

    and cheers again.

    shoot one more Cheer~~ just for the principle of it.

    Now what were we talking about??
    ;)

    By Blogger Kelly, at 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home