fraidy's haven

Saturday, January 27, 2007

aaaaaaaaagh

My brain has been on overload for so long, that I haven't even felt like writing anything. I am having a hard time adjusting to the new King and princess that rule over me. I have totally lost focus at work and when I'm a t home, all I can think about is what total dipshits are in charge of me. Grow veggies for gawd's sake and have them fruiting,in the winter, by mid-April. These stupid shits don't have a clue.This time of year is prime time for greenhouse capacity with annuals grown for the parks and 3 shows needing bench space for the conservatory. These assholes expect me to grow a crapload of plants for some special project that the city taxpayers can't see unless they pay 20 bucks admission. I am soooooo pissed that if I weren't afraid of being fired or put outside, I'd go to City Hall and the media and let them know how their (and mine) tax dollars are being spent to make one egomaniac look good.
Not only that, but the King (who sahll remain nameless) said in an e-mail to some la-te-da Martha Stewart type that since he now runs the conservatory, he would like to carry her merchandise (including selling veggies) in our gift shop,since the shop carried tacky,dispicable merchandise..up until now.
Jeeeeesus, I would never say anything that uncomplimentary about the previous supervisor's choice of merchandise to someone in the departmen, let alone a stranger. This whole situation has made me dislike my job..and that gets me pissed because I love what I do. I just can't stand all the bullshit political grandstanding that goes on by people that are paid waaaay too much money and have way too much power.
Anyway, I must remind myself, that karma is a bitch,and his day will come. Meanwhile, I will be a good little peon and do as I'm told until such time my servitude is up.

2 Comments:

  • I certainly hope things get better for you soon. I know I couldn't work like that. I sure hope venting it out in here helps somewhat. I know it did for me when I had to get stuff off my mind from my job.

    It's good to see you post something though...after all I get bored and need something interesting to read...hehehe.

    By Blogger Just Jan, at 5:41 PM  

  • Sometimes~~you have to stand up for yourself in life even at costs.

    Okay~~ I (Kelly) didn't make that comment. Just in case you heed it and lose your job, your house, your life as you know it. NOPE ~~ wasn't me. :)

    Anyway, hang in there my tough little friend. You can do it. Just keep thinking how great it is to know that YOU ARE A BETTER HORTICULTURIST than they are. so nyah.
    hugs

    By Blogger Kelly, at 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home