fraidy's haven

Monday, February 05, 2007

A cold day in Hell

As I sit here typing with my husband's fingerless gloves on, I went back and reread some of my summer posts hoping to warm up a bit. Didn't work...it's a lovely zero degrees here in the Queen City at 10 a.m. my belly is upset from all the coffee and herbal tea I've been drinking trying to stay warm. I'm off work today praise God, but am dreading freezing my butt off in the morning when I do have to venture out.
Funny, I wasn't this cold when I woke up at 5 and took a shower even though the thermometer upstairs read 60. Only got cold when the sun came up. Damned old drafty house. Put plastic on the windows, but there's still some lovely drafts coming in everywhere.
I finally got high speed internet Friday....now if I could only figure how to make it work. Should have paid the 100 bucks to have it installed I guess. But maybe my old dog of a computer is too far behind the tech times to run the damn modem. I know I need front tires badly, but Best Buy had a comp on sale for 580 that I could outright buy with no credit involved. So that is my dilemma du jour.....buy tires this week and keep running dial-up for 2 weeks until next payday and hope they keep that comp on sale (Best Buy is always having sales)
Or do I go get me a new toy,hope I don't get a flat in the freezing cold and wait 2 weeks to get tires? I think the tires win this time.Besides, buying a comp would leave me with 200 for food and fun,which is a little outside my comfort zone.(Funny, not that long ago,200 bucks left over for food would have seemed like a fortune) Guess I'll wait (sigh) and hope a good comp deal happens in 2 weeks.
Hubby and his bud are talking about going to Florida in a week or two, right now it's still a maybe. At least hubby's friend would fix that busted brake line on the truck that's been sitting in the driveway since October, and I get some time to myself.Plus, hubby wants to buy his friend's motorcycle and if hubby pays the 250 needed for gas for the trip, his bud will knock that off the price of the bike he wants to sell for 1000. Either way, hubby is getting the motorcycle. I have given up my half of our federal tax return so that he can finally have a motorcycle. I figure he should at least get one since he turns 50 this year,and he's wanted a motorcycle for years now. Next year,the tax return is mine.

1 Comments:

  • I really don't miss the winter weather Ohio has to offer. I talked to my Daughter lastnight and she told me how cold it was there...(plus I look online at the weather there everyday)...Nope..don't miss having to put plastic on the windows either. We've only gotten an inch and a half of snow all winter and that was on 1-21-07 and it hasn't snowed again since. I think I'm really going to like winters here in Maryland.

    I like that I'm getting a tax refund and Bob says I can do what I want with it. So, I'm banking some, putting some in my IRA and playing with some.

    By Blogger Just Jan, at 3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home