fraidy's haven

Sunday, April 02, 2006

title?we don't need no steenkin title

Wow, time change already, man are the years flyin by. It always takes me a week to get adjusted to the morning light being different. I'm a morning person (which makes for a weird marriage since the old man is an up-all-night type) and I like my sun bright when I get up.
But I don't mind having another hour of light in the evening so I can get yard work done.....I don't really like yard work, 8 hours of plant -related work a day is plenty.
My yard looks like crap, but my neighbor's looks like Disneyland, complete with "keep off the grass" sign in the front yard. They have windchimes and whirlygigs and not one but two freakin gazebos, one on the deck and one in the yard (and we have small yards). My yard has weeds, dog crap and old dog toys all over it, but hey, who has more fun on their day off?
Hope Jan is having a great time in D.C. (I'm sure she is). I admire her and Bob, don't think I could carry on a long distance relationship nearly as well.
On a downer note, my much loved sis-in-law found out Friday that after 23 freakin years, the hospital she works at is "letting her go" in September. That just plain sucks. Only 7 years until she could retire and they do that to her. I don't know how she'll find another job doing what she does anywhere near here, not too many openings for immunohistologists in SW Ohio. I don't pray for much too often, but I'm praying for her. She has done so very much for the hubby and me, and she is my true best friend in the world.
The coffee machine beeps...........time to go

1 Comments:

  • I curse the time change both times it changes;)
    I think I like the sounds of your yard better than your neighbors~~ nothing like those 'land mines' to keep guests on their toes:)
    Don't worry about your sis-in-law~ she'll find another job~ and a better one I'm sure~~ because she has you praying for her. Better yet she has you to lean on~~ and I'm betting you're a mighty good friend to have. Tell her to hang in there.

    P.S ya gotta love your non-title ;)

    By Blogger Kelly, at 2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home