fraidy's haven

Monday, January 09, 2006

men and money and other things

Okay, so I hand over my cash card and checkbook to the old man..... 2 days later he says "you need the card so I don't have to go to the grocery and you can stop on the way home from work. Can you say lazy??? I also have this strange feeling that I'll still be responsible for taking care of the household finances, only now I'm ganna make his ass sit down with me while I write out the checks. Checked my gas and electric bill for January online acccck 384 bucks!!! I live in a 2 bedrrom house not a mansion. Good thing Mom in law owns stock in the utility company. Actually, it wasn't a major shock, I knew it would be high, the newsfolks have been saying all winter that rates were going up. Besides nine years ago whenI lived at the nursery, I had a 300 dollar heat bill one month..........now that was a shocker. Glad my angels rescued me when they did, or I'd be freaking about how I was gonna pay it.

Watched the Bengals/ Steelers game at the bar yesterday. Was going good until Carson Palmer got knee-whacked on the second play, then the whole mood just went to shit.....oh well hopefully he'll be back for next year's season.

Sis called the other night and offered to take me to Vegas with her for free (she gets to fly free since she works for Delta, and Bally's sent her an offer for a 3 night's stay if she paid 99 bucks to get in a poker tournament) Given the recent goings on in this house, and the fact that I just got back from Vegas, I turned her down. Hubby said I should have gone ( right.....he thinks I have a gambling problem - which I used to have when bingo was around, but now it doesn't hold the same attraction anymore) The only reason I would go back to Vegas is for karaoke, which I can do here much cheaper.
Anyhoo, enough babbling for now........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home