fraidy's haven

Thursday, January 12, 2006

wow,why am i so tired?

Crikes, seems like all I've done this week is work, come home make dinner then crash. Course, I'm awake an hour and a half early thanks the freakin neighbor's dog barking. Why do people in the city get a dog, then leave it outside all the time so it barks to get in and be a part of the family? I have 2 dogs and they have been taught to bark only when necessary. They are very good girls who know that when I say quiet, I mean it. I do not believe in letting my pets disturb someone's sleep, some people sleep during the day and are awake at night, funny how most of the world forgets that.

Man, I can't believe I finally splurged for cable tv last year, and now I'm sitting here watching reruns of Little House on the Prairie. I used to watch it with my dad every afternoon when I was in my early 20's, but now it seems really lame for me to watch it without him here to razz about it with me. Sometimes I do miss him, even if he wasn't the greatest dad when I was living with him. I miss my mom the most though. Both of my folks died in 2000 of cancer, a month apart.
I used to call mom every Sunday at 8:30 and we would talk about anything or nothing. I have 2 living bros and a sis, and we each had our own special time of the week to call mom. It's been 5 years, almost 6 and I still catch myself once in awhile on Sunday, thinking I have to call her.

Finances are starting to finally work for me. This is the first time in months I have been able to go grocery shopping and get everything I needed and a few things I didn't but wanted anyway.
My checkbook agrees with my bank statement, and my bills have been paid on time for the month. Hell, I even told the old man to go to the foot doctor for his follow up visit. Afterall he fell off the roof in October of 2004 and broke his heel bone and we couldn't afford the visit for him to see if it healed properly. Watch out world! I keep going like this and I just might spring for that 20 dollar haircut I've needed for 3 years!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home