fraidy's haven

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

on getting older and perimenopause

Okay- now I know I'm getting older. My womanly cycles could be timed almost to the hour even when I wasn't on the pill, to every 28 days. These past 3 times I've gotten the unhappy surprise of every 3 weeks. My mother has long passed on, and she had a hysterectomy at 38 anyway, so I couldn't ask her about her history of such matters. And since my sis took fertility shots for 2 years in her early forties, it's screwed up her cycles, so the only thing I surmise is it's perimenopause.On the plus side, I only have to put up with this crap another 8 years or so.

My sis-in-law cracks me up...because of a tumor on her (whatever) gland that is in our foreheads, she didn't even start having a period til she was 37. I remember her first one after the operation she asked me, "how long do these things last?" Just last month she said she can't wait for menopause. I told her to quit complaining, you missed out on 25 years of it.....lol

Have a great day :)

2 Comments:

  • LOL Fraidy~~~sounds like you've diagnosed yourself pretty well~ ( but if you have any doubts ~~ see the doctor ;)
    Your sister's tumor was on her pituitary gland~~in case you're making a report on it ;)
    Oh and by the way~~ tell that husband of your's ~~ now would be a good time to buy a good set of used armor~~ that menopause can make you kind of fiesty.~~ cheers dear.

    By Blogger Kelly, at 7:06 AM  

  • Having had my own hysterectomy at the age of 24 I have new clue about menopause. Ask my mom and she can't remember ever going through it...imagine that. I have moods swings alot and attribute it to menopause...but who knows...myabe I'm just a bitchy person and hate to admit it.

    I agree with kelly...if you have doubts...just ask the doctor. Good luck

    By Blogger Just Jan, at 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home