fraidy's haven

Thursday, April 06, 2006

This blog has no title

Well, it was 45 years ago that my mom went through all of an hour of labor to give birth to an 11 pound baby girl. (I was the fifth one and the last. She once told me that Dad dropped her at maternity, went downstairs to get a cup of coffee and by the time he came back, I was here)

Having celebrated last night, on a rather empty night at the bar for karaoke, I have not done much today but recover. Had a great time making people who normally sing hard death rock perform such hits as "Puff the Magic Dragon" and the theme from Green Acres. As designated "birthday Princess" I was allowed to request whoever I wanted to sing what I wanted. All the other singers were good sports about it. Afterall I've had to sing some songs I'd prefer not to when it was their birthdays.

So here I sit, knowing I have to find something for dinner, but not feeling like going out or cooking. The thought of pizza delivered does not appeal to me. I wish Outback delivered, I want a steak, but the nearest place is 40 minutes away and it's raining. I don't know if I'll go out again tonight or not. I think I need a nap before deciding.

2 Comments:

  • Hope you had a great Birthday!!!!

    "puff the magic dragon"...I LOve it...wish I could have been there,,,I'd have helped you celebrate!!

    By Blogger Just Jan, at 12:14 AM  

  • Happy late birthday Mary! My blog was down yesterday so I didn't see this til just now. Hope you like what I left in the community for you ;)~~HEY! I still sing "puff the magic dragon" for the kids at the hospital. LOL but they can't get away. :)
    Hope you had a great great day!You deserve it.

    By Blogger Kelly, at 8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home