fraidy's haven

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I never knew

Today I got a letter at work from the Park Office. Inside was a little green sticker that I was instructed to put on my city ID. It states that in case of a state of emergency being declared by the mayor or police, I am allowed to be on the streets to travel. I am an "essential employee", meaning that my job is critical to the ongoing well-being of the citizens of my fair city. OMG what a hoot!! Since when is making sure the Parks and Conservatory have flowers a critical, essential function? Hell no, if there's a civil riot in this town, or an earthquake or whatever, I sure the blazes ain't risking my life and limb so some little ole plants can have water, no matter how essential those crazy folks in City Hall might think it is. Oh and it is also suggested to place a copy of this letter in my personal vehicle. I just never knew how critical my position was.....maybe this could work to my benefit next time contract negotiations come up.

1 Comments:

  • You have got to be kidding??!!LOL~~ oops I mean, of course you are important!!!~~~~

    :)

    *snicker~giggle~choke~teenytinyfart~oops*

    By Blogger Kelly, at 8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home